11.12.13

It's a wrap on Sensitive Skin with Kim Cattrall!


It's a wrap on TV series Sensitive Skin!



Two months ago, I was approached by the one and only Kim Cattrall regarding her upcoming TV series Sensitive Skin to be her wardrobe stylist consultant.  Shortly after falling off my chair.. I found myself shopping for her in her new role as Davina and it was an amazing experience! 

Sensitive Skin is the story of Davina Jackson. Davina is going through her mid-life crisis and she is taking everyone with her. lol! The story is witty, happy, sad.. and well it's life. Sensitive Skin is the remake of original BBC TV series, a comedie that got great reviews in 2005. Watch out for it next Spring 2014 on HBO CANADA The Movie Network!

Davina's fashion style is elegant and classy. She is sophisticated, yet still seductive. I must admit, when I started my shopping, I would often gravitated toward some pretty  suggestive sequins number.. In fact, I lost count of the  amount of times I thought to myself.. "this would be perfect for Samantha Jones!". But since I was not working for Patricia Field, I quickly had to move on to the next clothing rack!



I was very happy to found out that Kim was looking forward to wear Canadian Designers designs. Kim is Liverpool-born Canadian bred NewYorker and she is proud of her Canadian love. For a few days, myself and Lea Carlson (costume designer for the show) strictly focus on Canadian Designers.. unfortunately, choices was limited. It was often impossible to find what was needed in the perfect style, the perfect colours and the right fabric from each designers. Although challenging, It was a goal of mine that Kim would wear a something from a Canadian Designer for every outfits worn! 

Here is a list of designers that Kim wore during the filming of Sensitive Skin.. I hope I did not forget anyone. I also added a few pictures of Kim wearing Canadian Designs that she posted on her twitter account. Make sure to follow Kim @KimCattrall and @SensitiveSkinTV for more details and for more great pictures!

Blouse from Freda's
Blouse from Dennis Merotto 
 Skirt, blazer and dress from Lida Baday
Dress from Arthur Mendonça
Skirt from Lucian Matis
 Blouse & skirt from Pink Tartan
Coat from Sentaler
Leather Jacket from Roots
Jacket from Jeremy Laing 
Belt from Dsquared2
Belts from Suzi Roher 
Gloves from The Quill and Tine 
Pumps from Ron White
Lingerie from Christina lingerie available at Pert Lingerie
 Jewelry from Arielle de pinto available at Gravity Pope
Wedding ring by Shannon Hazell

In this picture, Kim is wearing an amazing skirt from Lucian Matis latest collection!

Here she is wearing a Jeremy Laing Jacket.. probably wishing she would be wearing Marc-André lol

Here she is again looking beautiful wearing the Jeremy Laing Jacket.. 


Here is Kim wearing an amazing leather jacket from Roots. Thanks Roots! It looked amazing on her and she loves it!

Keeping "warm" on a bike wearing the Alana leather Jacket from Roots in chocolate brown and you can see a glimpse of the Carleton black leather gloves from Quill and Tine


Enjoying a tea in the company of Director/actor Don McKellar and writer Bob Martin. In this picture, Kim is wearing a stunning coat from Sentaler.


The cast of Sensitive Skin is amazing! Kim Cattrall is not only the series lead but she is also the Executive Producer. The very talented Don McKellar is the director and  he plays Davina's long-time husband's, Al. Other casts included the handsome acteur Québecois Marc-André Grondin (C.R.A.Z.Y.), Elliott Gould (M*A*S*H, Friends, Ray Donovan), Nicolas Wright (White House Down), Colm Feore (The Borgias), Joanna Gleason (Last Vegas), Clé Bennett (Flashpoint), Mary Walsh (This hour has 22 minutes), the lovely Jennifer Podemski (Empire of Dirt, Take the last Waltz) and the list goes on and on.. 


Aside from her film work, Kim Cattrall is also a very talented stage and theatre actress. I think she is fantastic and a very talented actress. She has been working on Sensitive Skin for years now and I feel very fortunate to have been part of it. I meet some great people and I got to work aside the talented Lea Carlson, Costume Designer for the show. 


SENSITIVE SKIN is produced by Rhombus Media in association with Baby Cow Productions, The Movie Network in Eastern Canada and Movie Central in Western Canada. 





I could not post a blog about Kim Cattrall without mentioning Samantha Jones. Simply because I have watched the Sex in the City series many times, maybe to many times and this show changed my life. Not only for the fashion but for Samantha Jones funniest quotes/life advices. And this is how I will end my post. Enjoy!

1. On dressing one's age: 
I am fifty fucking two, and I will rock this dress!

2. On personal goals: 
I have to start writing things down. I also have to start drinking heavily.

3. On self-preservation and gossip: 
Sweetheart, you can't go listening to every fucking little voice that runs through your head. You'll go nuts!

4. On difficult people: 
His problem is he's an asshole!

5. On mens:
They are two types of men in the world the one that wants to fuck you and the one that wants to hold your hand..

6. Decide on what to wear for a date:
Hi, I need something that'll make a guy cum in his pants as soon as he sees me!

7. On faithfulness:
Men cheat the same reason dogs lick their balls, because they can!

8. On repeating and learning from past mistakes: 
Fuck me badly once shame on you. Fuck me badly twice shame on me!

9. On men's grooming:
Could you shave or something? Blowing you is like getting my teeth flossed!

10. On independence: 
I love you but I love me more..

11. On Money, power and money:
Money is power. Sex is power. Therefore, getting money for sex is simply an exchange of power.

12. On blow job:
You men have no idea what we’re dealing with down there. Teeth placement, and jaw stress, and suction, and gag reflex, and all the while bobbing up and down, moaning and trying to breathe through our noses. Easy? Honey, they don’t call it a job for nothing.

13. On aging:
"I found a grey hair… Down there. What am I gonna do? No man wants to fuck grandma's pussy!"

14. On LGBT RIGHTS: 
Gay men understand what's important. Clothes, compliments and cocks!

15. On settling down: 
If you turn into one of those married asshole I'll kill you..



3 comments:

  1. that's fantastic, Marie-Eve. you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a brilliant job she looks amazing....one thing that's killing me though, where are her black reading glasses from in the series??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic post. Thanks for sharing this post with us. Personalized bands or bracelets ar made up of totally different materials. this could be thought-about throughout the "planning" section women leather bracelet of your business. Rubber or siloxane bracelets (most unremarkably used as your everyday band) ar a lot of versatile and are available in numerous colours.

    ReplyDelete